This blog describes my journey exploring storytelling - words, images and the sensations they generate. The lot, basically.

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Wow

Wow!

I get ahead of myself.



The competition will eventually have 50 winners, who will have their contributions made into a feature film for theatrical release on Valentine's day 2013. The organizers received an astounding 1870 submissions. Today the long list consisting of 500 candidates was released.

Back in May, a colleague forwarded me the competition details. "Considering as you seem to have a good hand at writing", she said. She must have been referring to all the silly nonsense emails (a topic for multiple posts in the future, no doubt) I dream up, and bombard my colleagues with on a daily basis. I objected that "there is big difference between spewing silly nonsense with fancy words and telling a good story that tugs the heart strings." And then put a story together in a lunch break. "You miss a 100% of the shots you don't take", said Wayne Gretzky. So why not?

It sure felt good seeing my name on that list today. Who knows what other adventures are waiting out there?


No comments: